New Adventures, New Knowledge (Jimena)


During the first day of lectures, we learned about some of the properties of the ocean. One things that really surprised me was the fact that the ocean absorbs every color except blue relatively easily. Blue penetrates the water deeper than other colors, which is why the ocean is that color. 

I have only been to the beach once, 5 years ago. While I was there, I did not give the marine organisms or environment much thought. This trip opened my eyes to all the living and nonliving beings that belong to the ocean. We start every morning by exploring different areas of the beach. We have found many cool animals so far. We’ve come across brittle stars, crabs, and even a few octopi! I have only seen these animals in pictures or in aquariums. It’s amazing to see these creatures in their natural habitat. 

This trip has been an amazing experience so far. I am thankful for all the new experiences and knowledge I am gaining every day.

-Jimena

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of a Great Trip

Serenity- FYI

Muddy Flats (Maribel)